Monday, August 21, 2017

Walter Mokoena quits the SABC after 19 years as a presenter for SABC Sport; says he's 'not quitting because I had issues' with the SABC.


Walter Mokoena has resigned from the SABC's SABC Sport division where he has been a presenter for almost 19 years saying he's had enough.

"I enjoy challenging myself. I'm not quitting because I had issues, the SABC has been good to me and is the reason I'm the person I am today."

"I’d like to thank the public broadcaster for contributing to the person I’ve become. But I won’t be lost in the game, as I’m running a management company, through which we’ve signed an impressive list of players."

"I’ve been spending most of my time in studio for all these years, so it’s about time I give my kids the attention they want as their father."

Walter Mokoena is a father of two girls and is also lecturing at the University of the Witwatersrand in journalism.

"I’ll always be grateful to the SABC. The company allowed me to grow as a presenter and afforded me opportunities, including starting the Joburg Post, an online news site," he says.